How Will Changing Consumer Trends Affect the World of Work?
authors are vetted experts in their fields and write on topics in which they are extremely knowledgeable. All of our content is peer reviewed and validated by world-class professionals.
Talent Economy – John Healy – Show Notes
Are you the right person for the job?
Nowadays, companies are pushing to hire the best talent – but the talent is looking for more flexibility around the way they work and live. It’s not all about just getting the paycheck anymore – it’s about having the choice to find work that aligns with their values and aspirations as well. With this added freedom at work, matching the best people with the right jobs is extremely crucial for everyone involved.
In this episode, I talk with John Healy, the Vice President and Managing Director of the Office of the Future of Work at Kelly Services. As a workplace disruptor himself, John understands the intrinsic value of connecting people to jobs that will enrich their lives, no matter where they are in the world.
At a high level, John and I discuss the current state of workforce dynamics, trends, and the ways that industry leaders are adapting – or not adapting – to these major shifts. As we get deeper into the conversation, John shares his insights about the experience of independent workers, how clients and freelancers are able to get to know one another, and what freelancers really are looking for in the work itself.
Get ready to learn about how individuals and corporations are taking steps to invest in the future of work.
Some Questions I Ask:
- Tell me about your journey to the office of the future. (1:50)
- Are you seeing differences in how people feel whether they are an employee or freelancer? (11:35)
- What can corporations do to connect with employees and contractors? (22:42)
- Rapid-fire questions. (33:47)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- What role Kelly Services plays in developing the future of work. (3:46)
- Why workers are now likely to question the authenticity and transparency of companies. (9:05)
- Why the notion of work-life balance is over. (13:52)
- How algorithms can help find your next job that could enrich your life. (29:39)
GigE Summit 2019 Event Summary
About The Talent Economy Podcast
Companies today face a global war for talent. Highly skilled on-demand talent demand flexibility around the way they work and live. This future of work podcast brings together thought leaders, staffing experts, and top freelancers to talk about the evolving nature of work, the future of freelancers, and how companies can navigate these changes to remain competitive, drive innovation, and ensure success.