Meaning, Passion, and Purpose: Freelance Success Stories
authors are vetted experts in their fields and write on topics in which they are extremely knowledgeable. All of our content is peer reviewed and validated by world-class professionals.
Talent Economy Podcast - Show Notes
In this week’s episode, we’re exploring the other side of the talent economy - the talent.
I sit down with Melissa Morgan, who is a designer, freelancer, and marketing strategist. Melissa is a key contributor in the Toptal network, and we discuss her journey into freelancing. Three years ago, she found herself unhappy at her full-time job. Wanting to be anywhere else, she made the choice to bet on herself and lean into her passions. Melissa always loved solving problems—and before she knew it—she found herself being paid to provide creative solutions.
Melissa talks to us about her personal and professional journey—from how she came to be a designer to her transition from a full-time employee to freelancer. She also shares some of her freelance success stories and offers key advice on how to navigate some of the challenges.
Questions I ask:
- Where does Melissa’s entrepreneurial spirit come from?
- How did Melissa teach herself to be an effective problem solver?
- What is Melissa’s advice to companies who are just starting to work with freelancers?
- What is the importance of reskilling?
- What lessons has Melissa learned from working with clients?
- How will freelancing evolve in the future?
In this episode, you will learn:
- How to be a successful freelancer.
- What inspired Melissa to write the article 7 Ideas to Improve the Way You See Yourself & the World.
- The importance of self-awareness and self-discovery.
- The importance of your network.
- How to work with clients: the successes and the challenges.
Connect with Melissa Morgan:
About The Talent Economy Podcast
Companies today face a global war for talent. Highly skilled on-demand talent demand flexibility around the way they work and live. This future of work podcast brings together thought leaders, staffing experts, and top freelancers to talk about the evolving nature of work, the future of freelancers, and how companies can navigate these changes to remain competitive, drive innovation, and ensure success.