News organizations of the past call to mind stressed-out reporters yelling and typing in a maze of cubicles. TheSkimm, a popular digital media company aimed at millennial women, flips this image on its head with the leadership of Chief People Officer Lisa Dallenbach. In this episode, Dallenbach shares how theSkimm creates a positive work environment by removing employees’ obstacles, both personal and professional. By offering programs such as the respected “Sacred Hour” and providing tutoring services for employees’ children, theSkimm cultivates and champions a healthy work environment.
Dallenbach has helped organizations scale at critical points and align incoming talent with business goals for optimal growth. Prior to joining theSkimm, Dallenbach worked as Chief People Officer of Silverline, was CHRO of Mindshare, and led human resources at Digitas.
Some Questions Asked:
- In a predominantly female organization, what is theSkimm doing to address burnout and support wellness? (14:44)
- Over the past few years, the role of CHRO has gained strategic importance. What changes have you experienced? (21:33)
- What’s the one thing every HR executive should focus on over the next year? (25:01)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- The benefits of theSkimm closing its hybrid office on Mondays and Fridays, keeping those days as virtual-only.
- About the changing position of HR, evolving toward a holistic, employee-forward approach.
- How to retain top talent by focusing on transparency.
- Lisa Dallenbach - LinkedIn
- theSkimm - Linkedin
- Michelle Labbe - LinkedIn
- Toptal - LinkedIn
- The Talent Economy podcast