Web Summit: Community Manager for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Katie Bolger
authors are vetted experts in their fields and write on topics in which they are extremely knowledgeable. All of our content is peer reviewed and validated by world-class professionals.
With past speakers such as the CEOs of Dell and Wikipedia, and the COO of Reddit, the Web Summit annual conference has become a critical meeting place for the tech community since it was founded in 2009.
At the 2022 event in Lisbon, Portugal, Katie Bolger, Community Manager for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for Web Summit, joined Toptal’s Chief People Officer, Michelle Labbe. They discussed the conference, Web Summit’s Women in Tech program, and equity in representation among attendees and speakers alike.
Some Questions Asked:
- What is Web Summit’s mission? 2:20
- How has your role in the event-planning field evolved since the COVID-19 pandemic? 8:33
- What are the most effective ways that leaders can advocate for more women to enter the tech workforce? 10:20
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- What led to Web Summit’s involvement with Women in Tech.
- What accessibility features were available at Web Summit.
- How Web Summit ensures that the conference adheres to the organizers’ priorities and culture.