This week, we are launching Toptal’s “Rise of Remote” series, a special edition of The Talent Economy Podcast, featuring advice and perspectives from experts in remote work. Prompted by the COVID-19 pandemic that has accelerated the gradual advance of remote work into a stampede, we thought it was extraordinarily relevant to create a special series dedicated to hearing from experts on how to succeed when working remotely. In this episode, I speak with Sachin Bhagwata, Interim VP of Enterprise at Toptal.
Sachin is responsible for building and managing Toptal’s enterprise business, which includes business development, product & service definition, account management, and team development. Sachin leads a team of sales executives, client partners, and sales development representatives who all work to deploy a unique model that delivers the very best talent to Toptal’s clients. He has more than 15 years of experience delivering exceptional results to executive leaders at Fortune 500 organizations, specializing in key account management, revenue management, digital consulting, and digital innovation.
Sachin and I discuss his experience transitioning from working on-site to a fully distributed, remote workforce, the eye-opening lesson he learned about how collaboration works in remote teams, best practices for cultivating and supporting work-life balance, and his advice on how to build camaraderie within a remote sales team. Sachin also provides insight into what the new normal will be for Fortune 500 companies 18 months from now.
Questions I ask:
- As someone new to a remote work environment, what were the top challenges you experienced in the first six months of joining Toptal?
- What’s the one thing that surprised you the most when you became fully remote and started working for a distributed organization?
- What are some of the things that you and your team do to combat the idea that remote teams are cut off from social interaction?
- When you first joined the Toptal team, how did you handle building trust within your team and among your colleagues?
- What sets Toptal’s enterprise business apart from other service-based businesses?
In this episode, you will learn:
- How Sachin came to learn about Toptal.
- Challenges that arise for clients who are new to working with a distributed, remote team.
- What Sachin is hearing from enterprise clients about current events.
- Sachin’s advice to those who are starting to adopt a more agile communication environment.
- How clients are now thinking about remote work.
Connect with Sachin:
- Email: [email protected]