Talent Economy – David Francis – Show Notes
How can you make someone want to work for your company without paying them more?
Overwhelmingly, the answer is flexible hours and work-from-home options. With the technology we have today, most “office” jobs can actually be done completely remotely. Of course, switching to this model of work requires radical transparency, communication, and a mission that connects with the employees, too.
Going forward, for both companies and individuals to be successful, it’s critical to develop these new work models, continuously reskilling, and disrupting yourself to stay relevant.
In this episode, I speak with David Francis, a world-renowned researcher with extensive experience covering the human cloud, freelance economy, and remote work. Throughout our conversation, we’ll discuss his groundbreaking reports, how the future of work is impacting large and small companies alike, and what the future looks like for the staffing industry overall.
Get ready to learn about the disruption of the staffing industry, and how you can get ahead of the curve.
Some Questions I Ask:
- What’s disrupting the world of work right now? (2:27)
- What did you learn from the case study at Microsoft? (11:40)
- What did you learn through your research on Toptal? (18:30)
- Tell me about the Mom Project. (27:58)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- What drives the research around the future of work. (8:01)
- How companies are responding to the talent market. (9:03)
- How the staffing industry is implementing solutions to keep up with the world of work. (15:04)
- What non-cash benefits are most important to workers. (23:12)
- Where the staffing industry will be in 10 years. (34:01)
Connect with David Francis:
Talent Tech Labs
Connect with Paul Estes
List of Established Remote Companies
Talent Tech Labs Trends Report
About The Talent Economy Podcast
Companies today face a global war for talent. Highly skilled on-demand talent demand flexibility around the way they work and live. This future of work podcast brings together thought leaders, staffing experts, and top freelancers to talk about the evolving nature of work, the future of freelancers, and how companies can navigate these changes to remain competitive, drive innovation, and ensure success.