Establishing Trust & Accountability Within A Remote Workforce
authors are vetted experts in their fields and write on topics in which they are extremely knowledgeable. All of our content is peer reviewed and validated by world-class professionals.
This week, we are launching Toptal’s “Rise of Remote” series, a special edition of The Talent Economy Podcast, featuring advice and perspectives from experts in remote work. Prompted by the COVID-19 pandemic that has accelerated the gradual advance of remote work into a stampede, we thought it was extraordinarily relevant to create a special series dedicated to hearing from experts on how to succeed when working remotely. In this episode, I’m joined by Toptal’s VP of Product, Kleanthis Georgaris.
Kleanthis drives the evolution of Toptal's platform and associated products, working closely with operations and engineering teams to drive and support our hypergrowth by providing a seamless, on-demand experience for clients and network talent. He specializes in digital talent networks, leveraging a diverse background at Microsoft, McKinsey, and many early- and late-stage startups, as well as launching a startup of his own.
Kleanthis and I discuss remote work best practices and how to structure a product team in, and for, a remote environment. We deep dive into the importance of communication, transparency, work-life balance, and how to overcome the “trust barriers” that often stereotype remote work.
Questions I ask:
- What has been your journey from working on location to now managing and leading a team in a fully remote, distributed environment?
- What advice would you give to other leaders, or first-time remote PdMs, on the frequency of team communication to ensure transparency?
- What are Toptal’s best practices for a product brainstorming or ideation exercise?
- How would you describe the impact of the current global crisis on remote work?
In this episode, you will learn:
- Kleanthis’ advice to product leaders on staying connected in a remote environment.
- What sets Toptal apart.
- How to manage information overload in a remote setting by identifying information from noise.
- Kleanthis’ advice to managers and employees on how to be successful and stay connected when working remotely.