Functioning as an all-remote company requires a unique set of skills. As Chief People Officer of GitLab, Wendy Barnes is familiar with these skills. In this episode of The Talent Economy, Barnes gives insight on remote work, recruitment, retention, and employee well-being. With her keen problem-solving skills and experience with diverse, global companies, she cultivates a positive and inclusive work environment.
Some Questions Asked:
- What does it mean for GitLab to be open source? 6:25
- How has being an all-remote company factored into GitLab’s ability to attract and retain talent, especially over the last two years? 11:24
- How did GitLab choose their company values and communicate them to current and future employees? 17:40
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- About the Family and Friends program that improved productivity and morale.
- How GitLab supports the health and wellness of employees.
- Why GitLab uses informal communication to build culture.