At Omni Hotels & Resorts, individual employees are empowered to make decisions that can have a big impact on the guest experience and the company. Joy Rothschild, CHRO of Omni, discusses the “power of one” concept, the importance of workplace culture, and why connecting authentically with talent matters in today’s job environment.
Joy Rothschild has spent an impressive 42 years at Omni and was named CHRO in 2013. The company has more than 50 hotels–almost 24,000 rooms–in the US, Canada, and Mexico and employs about 14,000 people.
Some Questions Asked:
- How does Omni attract talent for its hotel positions? 10:53
- What has kept Rothschild at Omni for more than 40 years? 6:03
- Where did the “power of one” idea originate? 19:43
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- About the Omni’s unique culture and community.
- How “the power of one” appeals to both employees and customers.
- Why and how companies should listen to their employees.
- Joy Rothschild - LinkedIn
- Omni Hotels & Resorts - LinkedIn
- Michelle Labbe - LinkedIn
- Toptal - LinkedIn
- The Talent Economy podcast