Shift the Future of Work
authors are vetted experts in their fields and write on topics in which they are extremely knowledgeable. All of our content is peer reviewed and validated by world-class professionals.
The Talent Economy Podcast with Gina Hadley: Show Notes
The future of work is no longer a distant dream. The future of work is today’s reality.
Changes to the nature of work and organizations’ fundamentals are finally starting to create space for women and those sitting at the margins.
In this episode, I talk with Gina Hadley, head and co-founder of The Second Shift, who was part of the freelance economy before the term even existed. Gina’s mission is to revolutionize working cultures to support and retain women—including mothers—by demonstrating how even small changes ripple into huge impacts toward creating a more sustainable workplace.
Gina, however, is not making just small ripples; she’s making huge waves in the world of work to close the gender pay gap. Throughout our conversation, Gina shares some of her personal experiences dealing with sexism as a professional in the corporate world, and how she’s helping other women do the same through her work at The Second Shift.
Get ready to learn how Gina and The Second Shift are making a seismic and systemic change in the American workplace for professional women.
Some questions I ask:
- What’s the meaning behind the name “Second Shift”?
- How did you decide to spend your career pursuing the mission of The Second Shift?
- What do the demographics of your marketplace look like?
- What is your advice to someone trying to work in a new way?
In this episode, you will learn:
- How Gina started working as a freelancer.
- How Gina and her fellow co-founder actively combat sexism in the corporate world.
- What the membership of The Second Shift looks like.
- Why companies need to get on board with the future of work.
- What millennials are really looking for in their work.
- How the corporate reward system of giving workers managerial positions creates a toxic environment.
- Why there is a need for a seismic and systemic change in the American workplace.
About The Talent Economy Podcast
Companies today face a global war for talent. Highly skilled on-demand talent demand flexibility around the way they work and live. This future of work podcast brings together thought leaders, staffing experts, and top freelancers to talk about the evolving nature of work, the future of freelancers, and how companies can navigate these changes to remain competitive, drive innovation, and ensure success.