Strategies for Leading a Fully Distributed Team
authors are vetted experts in their fields and write on topics in which they are extremely knowledgeable. All of our content is peer reviewed and validated by world-class professionals.
This week, we are launching Toptal’s “Rise of Remote” series, a special edition of The Talent Economy Podcast, featuring advice and perspectives from experts in remote work. Prompted by the COVID-19 pandemic that has accelerated the gradual advance of remote work into a stampede, we thought it was extraordinarily relevant to create a special series dedicated to hearing from experts on how to succeed when working remotely. So who better for me to speak with about this topic than Taso Du Val, CEO of Toptal, the world’s largest fully remote company. Taso also serves on the board of multiple organizations, advising on talent strategy and innovation for Fortune 100s and nonprofits.
Taso and I kick off the “Rise of Remote” series with a conversation about the state of remote work, Toptal’s best practices for leading a high-performing, fully distributed team, work-life balance, and what companies will be best positioned for the Future of Work.
Questions I ask:
- How would you describe this current moment in time as it relates to remote work?
- Could you give me a behind-the-scenes look at the technology that has been put in place so that a large distributed team can collaborate in real time?
- As a leader of a large organization, how do you create that sense of community and trust within the teams?
- How do you run your leadership team?
In this episode, you will learn:
- How Toptal came to be one of the world’s largest distributed companies.
- Taso’s advice to managers and executives who are trying to change how they work as they adopt new, remote working technology.
- Taso’s advice to those experiencing isolation in a remote workforce.
- What Toptal is doing to help companies and executives as they transition their organizations into a remote workforce.