Talent Economy – Brian Wallins – Show Notes
Are you part of the Human Cloud?
The Human Cloud is disrupting everything about the world of work, but it’s uniquely pushing the staffing industry to make some fundamental changes about how candidates are found, trained, and hired.
In this episode, I talk with Brian Wallins, a Research Manager at Staffing Industry Analysts. He is the global advisor on staffing and workforce solutions. Specifically, Brian focuses on the role that the Gig Economy and the shifting pressure to hire remote workers play in the staffing industry, and how companies need to adapt to this change in order to survive.
Throughout our conversation, Brian and I discuss all things related to the Human Cloud. As we dive in, Brian shares insights into what risks and challenges the staffing industry faces currently, and how they can benefit from utilizing the Human Cloud.
Get ready to learn about how the talent economy is disrupting the traditional staffing industry, and what they need to know to survive.
Some Questions I Ask:
- How do you define the Human Cloud? (2:15)
- What challenges do companies face when they initially implement a Human Cloud strategy? (9:59)
- How much of the staffing industry represents work that could be impacted by the Human Cloud versus work that must be done on-site? (13:47)
- What risks do staffing companies feel? (20:58)
- What book or movie has inspired you most over the past year? (32:42)
In this Episode, You Will Learn:
- The 3 categories that make up the Human Cloud. (3:20)
- Brian’s key takeaways from the GigE Conference. (6:57)
- Why the line Human Cloud platforms and traditional staffing platforms is starting to blur. (11:12)
- What advantages come with hiring freelancers around the globe. (17:45)
- What the Human Cloud will look like in 5 years from now. (27:45)
Connect with Brian Wallins:
“Reskill or Die: Why your future depends on it” by Paul Estes
Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki
About The Talent Economy Podcast
Companies today face a global war for talent. Highly skilled on-demand talent demand flexibility around the way they work and live. This future of work podcast brings together thought leaders, staffing experts, and top freelancers to talk about the evolving nature of work, the future of freelancers, and how companies can navigate these changes to remain competitive, drive innovation, and ensure success.