Talent Economy with Barry Asin: Show Notes
The staffing industry is 50 years in the making – and now, there’s some new blood in the mix.
There’s a new wave of innovation coming along, with all sorts of new companies entering the staffing industry. The economy is on the rise with more open job opportunities than people looking to fill them. For the first time, the talent is in the driver’s seat.
In this episode, I talk with Barry Asin, the president at Staffing Industry Analysts. As a leader in the staffing industry, Barry knows full well that what got staffing firms this far will not get them any further. The talent revolution is fully underway, and Barry sits at the forefront.
In our conversation, Barry discusses the explosion of jobs and gig work in what seems like an overnight digital transformation. As we dive in, Barry also shares his experiences at Taco Bell University and explains how the lessons learned there apply to his work today, how organizational leaders can take the next step toward embracing flexibility, and what the future of work really looks like.
Get ready to learn how the digital transformation disrupts the cyclical nature of the economy and how this will impact the future.
Some questions I ask:
- How did a recruiter change your career path after college?
- What lesson do you still carry with you from Taco Bell University?
- How is the staffing industry responding to the digital transformation?
- How should small “Mom & Pop” staffing firms approach the changing of technology?
- Will work ever go back to the way it was?
In this episode, you will learn:
- What critical lessons Barry learned from Taco Bell University.
- How individuals can develop their capabilities to keep up with the digital transformation.
- How economic cycles impact job availability and the world of work overall.
- How leaders of organizations can embrace flexibility for their workers.
- What the next five years of contingent work will look like.
Connect with Barry Asin:
About The Talent Economy Podcast
Companies today face a global war for talent. Highly skilled on-demand talent demand flexibility around the way they work and live. This future of work podcast brings together thought leaders, staffing experts, and top freelancers to talk about the evolving nature of work, the future of freelancers, and how companies can navigate these changes to remain competitive, drive innovation, and ensure success.