Talent Economy Podcast Show Notes:
With 10 resumes submitted, what determines if there are five prospective candidates instead of two?
That’s right - it’s the recruiter.
In this episode, I’m joined by Ken Lazarus, the CEO of Scout Exchange. We discuss the talent economy, AI-powered recruiting - i.e., the role that data and AI play in the process, and how - for every job (and I mean every job) - there is someone out there poised with a very specific skill set to quickly and efficiently find candidates to fill those roles. This is where Scout Exchange comes in.
Scout Exchange is an AI-driven online marketplace where organizations are matched with expert recruiters to help them find talent. Scout Exchange lists everything from directors of medicine to chicken pluckers.
Ken and I discuss the role of AI in talent acquisition, the dynamics of the recruiter-candidate relationship, and how important it is to foster a sense of trust. We also speak at length about the importance of diversifying the talent pool and how Scout Exchange is working to identify and mitigate decision biases.
Some questions I ask:
What type of roles are listed on Scout?
- How does Scout measure the quality of its recruiters and candidates?
- How do local recruiters compare to larger staffing firms?
- How does Scout protect against bias?
- How does Scout improve the candidate experience?
In this episode, you will learn:
- That for every job, there’s someone who specializes in recruiting for that role.
- The difference between being an average recruiter and being a star.
- The truth about the “talent pool” in today’s market.
- Different types of biases that humans have and how they impact data.
- About the “Black Box Problem” in AI.
Connect with Ken Lazarus:
Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
About The Talent Economy Podcast
Companies today face a global war for talent. Highly skilled on-demand talent demand flexibility around the way they work and live. This future of work podcast brings together thought leaders, staffing experts, and top freelancers to talk about the evolving nature of work, the future of freelancers, and how companies can navigate these changes to remain competitive, drive innovation, and ensure success.