Users depend on Yelp for the best reviews of food, entertainment, and lifestyle businesses, but how does its newly remote team depend on one another? Chief People Officer Carmen Amara (née Orr) talks about the company’s recent transition to remote work, how they invest in employee well-being, and what a thriving culture looks like.
Carmen Amara joined Yelp with 20 years of HR experience. She worked for Home Depot in various managerial roles within human resources, until moving to eBay where she served as the VP of Global People Operations and Development. At Yelp, Amara’s main focus has been on transitioning the company to a remote environment.
Some Questions Asked:
- What attracted Amara to Yelp? 4:17
- How does Amara guide her team to support Yelp’s employees? 12:52
- How does Amara manage her self-care and model that standard for her employees? 21:24
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- About the company’s plans to invest in their employee experience.
- How Amara maintains a thriving remote-work culture.
- What Yelp does to ensure authenticity on its platform.