How does the country’s largest supermarket chain manage more than 400,000 employees across the country? In this episode, Tim Massa, Senior Vice President and Chief People Officer of Kroger, dives into the company’s comprehensive programs for employee engagement, such as diversity training, environmental volunteer opportunities, and leadership conferences. He says that by creating a cohesive culture, Kroger is able to remain resilient, even in the face of adversity.
Tim Massa has more than 30 years of HR experience—20 of it with Procter & Gamble. Massa worked for P&G in several cities across the US before completing an international assignment in Poland. He joined Kroger in 2010 as the Corporate VP of Human Resources, and in 2014, became Kroger’s Senior VP and CPO.
Some Questions Asked:
- How did Kroger address mental health concerns after the tragic events that occurred in their stores and factories? 13:06
- How have CSR and ESG efforts affected your ability to attract and retain talent? 7:10
- How did you manage leadership among globally diverse workforces? 5:22
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How Kroger retains diverse talent by investing in employees’ education.
- How corporations foster a unified culture among leaders from different regions.
- How Kroger’s diversity programs train staff to create an inclusive work culture.