Instacart is a same-day grocery delivery service that seeks to make grocery shopping accessible to everyone. Founded in 2012, Instacart experienced exponential growth during the COVID-19 pandemic and became a household name as the general public turned to the service amid lockdowns and social distancing measures. During the first two months of the pandemic, Instacart delivered more food than Walmart.
Today, Instacart serves customers across the US and Canada, offering an extensive network of more than 1,200 retailers and spanning more than 80,000 locations.
Instacart’s people-centric company culture has been recognized as one of the best places to work in the Bay Area. With a flexible remote work policy, take-what-you-need vacation time, and a “Four Year Fill-Up” program that provides four weeks off after four years of employment, the company continues to be forward-thinking in its employee support and talent approach.
Christina Hall joined Instacart in 2020 as the company’s first CHRO. With more than 20 years of experience in HR, she has worked with renowned tech leaders like Facebook, LinkedIn, and Intuit. At Instacart, Christina is instrumental in driving the company’s growth and well-being while ensuring a thriving work culture for its employees and independent contractors.
Some Questions Asked:
- How have you seen the talent landscape change throughout your career?
- As Instacart’s first CHRO, what steps did you take to establish the role and the culture?
- What is Flex First and what tools do you have in place to support your Flex First workers?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How a company’s values can be centered around a love for food.
- How a bespoke well-being approach can rejuvenate employees.
- How the COVID-19 pandemic dramatically changed the landscape for Instacart.